• You will find the car park just next to the café/restaurant les “Braconniers”
• The walk starts from the town hall. From there, follow direction to Chateaudouble.
• After passing through the Ratton bridge, turn left onto the unsurfaced footpath which turns soon onto a concrete walkway. Follow it ahead of you.
• Once you have reached the place called “Turquet”, head to your left and continue on an asphalt road.
• Keep the grape trellis to your left , bear left and follow the unsurfaced footpath heading to Notre Dame de Spéluque Chapel.
• Leaving the chapel, follow the walk route. Then follow the pathway after you have reached Saint Hubert oratory.
• Go straight ahead up to the place name “Valsegure”, turn left onto a path and follow it as it drops down to the river. Cross over the footbridge stepping over the river and walk straight ahead uphill.
• Then back onto the asphalt road, keep straight ahead ignoring direction to the city centre. Once you have reached the oratory, walk alongside the waterway till you eventually reach the belvedere.
Located at an altitude of 600 meters and nestled in the Foothills of the Verdon mountains, the character village Ampus still brims with the traditional Provence culture. You can wander along the waterway or the way of the cross and even pause on a terrace in the old city centre.