• 1 From Folletiere wash house, go onto the well worn track and follow it for about 250 meters until you reach a tarmac road. Take a left turn onto the bridge. 2 Walk alongside the Canal des Moulins for about 500 meters. Beware A when crossing over the double track road: keep following the canal for further 600 meters.
•You can pause to admire on your right 3 “Pierre de la Fée” Dolmen. 30 to 40 meters further, go back onto Montferrat Avenue. 300 meters further, drop off the Avenue.
• Keep following the canal (another 300 meters). B Cross over the two way road using the zebra crossing and keep walking alongside the canal: this walk takes you to the scenic countryside of Dracenie region.
• C Beware, crossing of the departmental road might be hazardous.
• Take a left turn and keep walking alongside the canal (another 300 meters). Drop off the canal path and follow 4 Domaine du Dragon private trail. Refreshments are provided by the owners. Continue to follow the path as it curves to the left past the old house. Keep walking another kilometer until you reach 5 Saint Michel Chapel. You soon come across an electric fencing. At this stage, take a left turn on the track taking you 6 through the vineyard.
• Take a sharp left turn and follow the pathway as it goes downhill 7 to the Castrum and its overhanging view. Once you have walked past the Castrum, go back onto the main footpath alongside the vineyards. Keep walking up to the edge of the wood. (Beware the electric fencing).
• Take another left turn, follow the track as it goes uphill up to the basin.
• Take a sharp right turn, follow the waymarked trail as it takes you through the community forest. Follow the track for about 1.5 km until you reach the anti wildfire trail.
• Cross over the junction and keep walking ahead for about 800 meters. You then rejoin the red waymarked trail.
• 8 You soon come across a cedar forest on a private estate. Keep following the track as it goes uphill: this takes you through a remarkable oak grove. You soon reach the botanical pathway and its educational signposts. 9 Head up the slope until you reach the watch tower.
• This walk can now be extended by walking down the track 10 to the viewpoint indicator and 11 ultimately the Malmont carpark, 200 meters further down.
• Cross over the road and rejoin 12 the blue waymarked trail for 1100 meters.
• Take a sharp left turn 13 onto Coutelier mule track (be careful: the track is subject to dense cycle traffic).
• Follow Boulevard Joseph Collomp as it drops down. Walk further ahead up to Moulins Canal and back to Folletiere wash house.
From Folletiere washhouse, located right in the city centre, follow the pathway alongside the Canal des Moulins ( Moulins canal). After about 3 kms, you reach Pierre de la Fee Dolmen. Keep walking until you find Domaine du Dragon wine estate. The trail takes you through the private wine estate and highlights ruins of Saint Michel Chapel , remains of the castrum as well as an old basin. Following it further, the trail takes you through Malmont community forest: you will come across cedar trees and magnificent oak trees.Torwards the end of the hiking trail, you will reach the botanical garden, the watch tower and ultimately the viewpoint indicator from which you will enjoy a stunning view over Draguignan.
Cross over the road to join the blue waymarked trail: follow it until you reach two belvederes. This walk can be extended by following the Coutelet pathway as it drops down: it takes you to Joseph Collomb Boulevard back to the starting point – the Folletiere washhouse.